Friday, May 15, 2009

Quick Post - Training Day!

We had class with Kurt last night. It was our first time training outside this year and with the exception of the water filled tunnel {I think it was rabbit pee ;-)}, Ruby did great. Kurt had set-up one of the courses from World Team Tryouts from a couple of weeks ago. We did Course Eight, Large Agility by Diane Craig with a long tunnel in place of obstacle #14, the chute.


You can check out all of the courses here:

https://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/agility/world_team/2009/tryouts_coverage/courses_all.pdf
Ruby ran it well the first time except she was slow coming out of tunnel #3 {with the rabbit pee}, went wide from #4 to the dogwalk #5 as she was doing her typical "I know I'm training, I need to take a gallop past the crowd and bark at them so I can embarrass my mom" thing that she does in class and I just needed to tighten her up from #9 to #10 in the sepentine.

Another spot that we made an adjustment on was the ending serpentine line. The first time I ran it with a front-cross after the A-frame staying to the left side of the line of jumps and a rear-cross from #19 to #20. She was a bit wide there as well and Kurt had me change it so I came in between #18 and #19 and rear-crossed on the take-off side of #19 for a nice tight turn to jump #20. She's reading the rear-crosses really well now - look out! :)

Then Kurt re-numbered the course and we worked on some new things - remember, the chute is a long tunnel and we enter the opposite side on this course; I chose to do a push off the A-frame. Again Ruby did really well, but I sucked. I was having a really hard time remembering what I was supposed to be doing and where I was supposed to be going. Maybe it was because it was late and I was tired. Maybe it was because Marietta is in our class and she's very distracting; I have no idea. I finally got my crap together and worked on MORE rear-crosses: One between 15 & 16, the other between 17 & 18. It worked very well and felt nice and smooth. Cool!


No comments: