Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little Update



Someone is very itchy right now. When I got out of the shower this morning Ruby was hiding in bed looking very guilty. She had her e-collar on so I couldn't figure out what she did at first. Well...she can reach the wound with her back foot and had been scratching it. She managed to pull out one of her staples. It's not one that I'm worried about as there is another staple that looks like it's about to fall out too. She's all red today though because of her scratching.

If you look at the picture below you can see a dime-sized black spot. I'm fairly certain that black skin is dead and will eventually fall off like a scab. Yeah, I know, GROSS!!! There isn't any hair growing there either and her hair is coming back in everywhere else. Anyway the loose staple is also on some of the black skin but it's on the edges where the vet brought the laceration together. I'm sure this dead stuff will fall off too. I don't even want to think about how disgusting that is. Kind of reminds me of that Sex in the City episode where Miranda's baby's umbilical cord falls off and the cat is playing with it! I wouldn't put it past Cougar...



No comments: